Gary

"Jim" wrote in message
news:hXmWc.218086$eM2.92453@attbi_s51...
I just bought a saw and dust collector and they both run on 220. The
question I have is, would it be OK for me to use 10/3 and a 30 amp double
breaker and put both devices on the same circuit and be able to run both

of
them at the same time? I would not turn them on at the same time. I would
let one get up to speed and then turn the other one on. I want to save

the
other 5 spaces in my 100 amp sub panel (in which my electric stove is also
connected to) I have for lights and other outlets for tools. I am in the
process of building a shop in my basement. I just moved into a new home.
Thank you all for your opinions.

Grizzly states the following in the manual for their G1029Z Dust Collector:
Circuit Breaker: The 2 H.P. motor will draw roughly 12 amps @ 220V. We
recommend using a 20 amp circuit breaker. Circuit breakers rated higher will
not adequately protect the motor.

I suppose this is true with any 220 amp motor.

Gary