Set Square

John Rumm wrote:

wrote:

For starters, here's a scale plan and elevation of the loft (Visio is
really starting to do my head in for this sort of stuff - can anyone
recommend a more 'appropriate' package for plans, elevations and (if
pos) 3D views?):-

I often ask myself that - there must be a package that is more
oriented toward building plans and layouts without going to full
blown CAD. When you find it let me know!

For visual representations, I use a program called Floorplan 3D - which came
on the cover disc of a recent PC Plus Magazine [Issue 213 - March 2004].
It's nothing like as dimensionally accurate as a proper CAD program, but
it's very much quicker to knock up a reasonable 3D rendered picture of the
outside of a building or of its internal structure. It does walk-throughs
and also lets you selectively display layers so that, for example, you can
see what it looks like with the roof removed.
--
Cheers,
Set Square