Chris Lewis

According to JerryMouse :

I cannot find any peer-reviewed study showing a causal relationship between
asbestosis or mesothelieoma and asbestos in a commercial product or
environment.

What exactly what you mean by that?

Medicine almost never _proves_ a direct causal relationship between
anything and anything else. It's easy know that the person died because
of asbestosis, but not be able to attribute it to a _specific_ exposure
or product, even one the person was in long-term intimate contact with.

[The fibers in the guys lungs don't have serial numbers on them...]

So they have to make sense out of statistical correlations.

It's likely true that the incidence of asbestosis when you're
only in contact with "finished product" is essentially non-existant.

But, people who work with the bare stuff (eg: insulation installers)
do have a considerably higher incidence of cancers.

I would suggest that asbestos in vinyl flooring is definately
not a danger as long as you're not actively and continuously
disturbing the stuff.

Wash or wax the floor occasionally, and don't worry about it.

If you do decide to replace the flooring, leave it where it
is, and put the new flooring on top.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est