Jeff Puckett

Default help with vinyl window

I recently posted a message looking for a vinyl sash replacement kit.
I have a single hung vinyl window with damage to the sash. This is a
new construction house, built 2.5 years ago. Replacing the window
would mean peeling back the vinyl siding on the outside of the house
to remove the window. I'm looking to avoid replacement if I can.

Unfortunately, I do not know the manufacturer of the windows. Neither
does the home owner's association. The builder doesn't. The supplier
to the builder no longer carries windows.

I find it hard to believe some window manufacturer hasn't started to
make replacement vinyl sashes. For new construction houses, it's
nearly impossible to replace the windows without great expense or
trouble. You would think there is an easy way to address this
problem.

Does anyone know why a wooden or aluminum sash replacement kit
wouldn't work in a vinyl window?

Are there any other resources or places I can turn to for help with
this question? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.