No-one

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:33:23 -0000, "al"
wrote:

The VAT and/or excise duty however I'd be
interested to hear more about. Do I just have to pay 17.5% when it arrives?
Who do I pay? How does it work? If they charge admin, can you pre-pay this
to avoid it if there is no chance of it "slipping through"?

You would be liable to excise duty on the PC, plus VAT on top i.e.
you pay VAT on the cost plus duty total. Then an admin charge by the
carriers.

IMHO it isn't worth the hassle and potential problems with goods
damaged in transit.

Build your own from quality components, making sure you go for a top
quality case and PSU. Look at cases from Supermicro amd PSUs from
Enermax. With some, if not all, motherboards, the amount of RAM you
can slot in decreases with speed. e.g. one I saw let you have 3Gb at
DDR266 but only 1Gb at DDR400.

Regards.