VivienB

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:28:35 GMT, "Sparky" wrote:

I'm the unfortunate owner of a Sharp R-653M microwave oven which cost me 80
quid.

Last year I switched it off for two weeks to go on holiday,and when I got
back home and switched it on again,the LCD display didn't work correctly,

Snip

I think this is the second post recently about a display going wrong
on a Sharp Microwave oven. I have a Sharp R-953M combination oven,
with the same problem. Until I saw these posts, I thought it was
possibly the result of a surge caused by a thunderstorm while we were
away (it wasn't switched off deliberately). Perhaps I had better
pursue Sharp now, instead of getting the local repairer onto it.

Regards, VivienB
-