Brine

Gr The one thing I can add is the hissing gets much worse in one
channel as the receiver warms up. Within 15 minutes, the hiss becomes
Gr noticeable and starts to degrade the sound of the music coming out of
Gr that channel.

Gr Any suggestions on what I should do to fix this? The above repairs
Gr already cost me $65 and I don't want to put much more money in to

Greg, the shop didn't do a very thorough job but then again this type
of restoration work isn't very cost effective from their viewpoint, so
I can't really blame them as it probably cost them more than the $65
in time alone. I'm afraid a 70's receiver is a nicely complex piece of
equipment. However, you might try to narrow down the problem as to the
tuner or the audio circuitry. One question is, does the hiss exist only
in FM or also in AM or when set to AUX, or when the volume is at zero?

The hiss is present regardless of what mode (phono, FM, AM, etc) the
receiver is in, which set of speaker outputs are used, and whether the
volume is high or low.

Thanks,

Greg

A+s+i+m+o+v

... 'Keep the smoke inside.' -- 1st Rule of Electronics.