Matthew Newton

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:50:12 +0100, NealUK wrote:

Obviously the rope/rafter thing is not ideal, so i am looking at
supporting it through the hollow swing arm bolt, hence the need for 10mm
steel rod.

If anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear them.

I use two jack stands, one under each foot peg (probably not the best
place, but they seem OK). You put the first one on the side opposite the
side stand and push the bike back on to it, and then put the other one
there. Then you rock the bike a little each way lifting each side up one
notch at a time. Helpful to have someone steady the bike if you want to
lift it up a long way.

I can get my rear wheel about 1.5" off the ground. Have to put weights on
the back to get the front up.

For example, see:

http://photos.newtoncomputing.co.uk/.../pict2796.html

....although there they are only holding the bike upright.

--
Matthew