dave

Grant Erwin wrote:
I'm no shutterbug. I'm using a digital camera that cost about $200. It

to, in effect, "force" your camera to autofocus on _your_ object, cut a
hole in some junk flat stuff (eg: corrugated cardboard) that very nearly
'fits' your object outer edges, then suspend, or place, your object
"halfway into" that surface, so half of it is above, and the other half
below, the smooth surface. the camera will be left "no choice" but to
focus correctly. admittedly not a 'dream solution', but one that works.
to 'class it up' a bit, cover the cardboard with a clean bath towel...

or drop your object into a soft feather pillow, or surround it with
planks at the same level, etc.

my camera has the 'option' to hold a 'forced focus' but I'd have to wade
thru 90 layers of menus (and six hours of reading) to accomplish it -
this is far simpler :-)

dave

--
to reply, please remove the "weird stuff" from my email address. thanks.