pyotr filipivich

Okay, so I'm late, I missed the stafff meeting but jim rozen
wrote back 21 Aug 2004 22:54:03 -0700 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , and I'm just now getting caught up:
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

So, can you write a check for 17,000 dollars to cover a "simple"
illness?

Well let's see. A good rule would be 450 per month, that's the
number that started this discussion. Let's round off the numbers
and say *ten* months in a year. So at 9K per year, it would take
me four years to do this. But I've been working at my present
job for five times that length.

So yes, if my employer had simply given me the money, I'd have
enough to do that five times over.

But would you have the money the first day? That's one of the "joys"
of insurance, day one of your coverage, you are covered. That's the bet
you're making, that before you can save enough to pay the bill, you're
going to need them to pay the bill. They're betting you won't, but ...
that's the nature of the game. As a rule, I don't bet against the house.

Jim

--
pyotr filipivich.