Andy Asberry

On 21 Aug 2004 22:54:03 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

So, can you write a check for 17,000 dollars to cover a "simple"
illness?

Well let's see. A good rule would be 450 per month, that's the
number that started this discussion. Let's round off the numbers
and say *ten* months in a year. So at 9K per year, it would take
me four years to do this. But I've been working at my present
job for five times that length.

So yes, if my employer had simply given me the money, I'd have
enough to do that five times over.

Jim

Who says two wrongs don't make a right?

What hasn't been mentioned is that insurance regulators require a
"reserve" before an insurance company can issue the first policy. That
means they must have the assets available to cover claims from day
one. They are risking their money on claims, not yours.