al

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Don't forget the cost of delivery and excise duty (and VAT I think)
which is helpfully levied on the goods value plus the insurance plus the
carriage.
The tax is collected by the carrier on behalf of HMCE who allow them to
charge a extra admin/commission fee on top. There is little chance of
escaping this tax. Personal experience!!

Delivery is $235, which sounds a lot, but with the current exchange rates
still works out damn cheap! The VAT and/or excise duty however I'd be
interested to hear more about. Do I just have to pay 17.5% when it arrives?
Who do I pay? How does it work? If they charge admin, can you pre-pay this
to avoid it if there is no chance of it "slipping through"?