JerryMouse

DanG wrote:
I agree that much of the asbestos scare is hype, but I think you
had better check some of your facts.

I know here, that the insulators' union has the largest retirement
fund. Not many of them collect. Aunt Irene has asbestosis from
shaking out and washing hubbie's clothes after coming home from
the shipyard. He had no asbestosis, he worked with it wet.

Admittedly, there are ancedotal stories such as your Aunt Irene. That
retired members of the union seldom collect may have more to do with the
union discouraging members reaching retirement age.

I cannot find any peer-reviewed study showing a causal relationship between
asbestosis or mesothelieoma and asbestos in a commercial product or
environment.