Hadenman

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

"al" wrote in message

Very tenuous DIY link here in that I'm looking to DIY myself a new PC
....! I know there's no dearth of opinions in here though about most
matters from politics to cement ...

I've been looking around recently for a one around about the £2k
mark. As I already have a monitor, I just want to buy a box with top
end bits in it. Panrix have always come out good in the past in
magazine benchmarks, but I found their website to be thoroughly crap
and the choice very poor. Dell are starting to look more towards
gaming with their top end systems, but they ruin it by not letting
you customise it enough. Also, their prices for upgrading RAM are
enough to make the average person faint!

VoodooPC in Canada (www.voodoopc.com) have caught my interest however.
Their machines look the business, can be fully customised exactly the
way I want (and without monitor!!) and North American currencies are
pretty weak. My only worrys are faults and returns.

If you want to properly DIY it, you could just make the PC from parts you've bought
yourself. That way you could customise it to your hearts content.