al

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

"Chris Oates" none wrote in message news:400c5ec1$0$13345$cc9e4d1f@news-
£2000 - crikey I'd want a Laptop bunged in as well.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/PCS.html

Had a look there ... they look a bit budget to be honest. I'm looking for a
quality PC builder who puts time & love into the models they spec - not a
big warehouse that stuffs things together and sells them on the speed specs
alone.

Testament to that is my last PC, the one I'm using now, that I bought 5.5
years ago. It's a PII 400 with 448MB of RAM in it, top end sound & video
cards from a few year back. Go out and buy a £500 machine now which on
paper has all the figures you think count and this one will still kick its
arse in many areas. Motherboard and drives are where the main speed is lost
now on this old machine.