Matt

Default Oxyvent for Underfloor Heating

The Natural Philosopher wrote in message ...
BigWallop wrote:

I think his reponse to me on UF heasting says it all

"Always do what the manufacturer says"

Every manufacturer I have ever met has only had one overriding message
to give to me

BUY MY PRODUCT.

As a practising engineer for more years than I re,member, my overriding
response is 'NO. Not until I have tried it myself'. Someone who gleans
all their knoweldge from manufactuirers glossy magznes and brochures and
fuirthermore believes them implicily is a dengerous idiot IMHO.

Teh fact that he ocassionally randomly gets something right once in a
while should only be the exception that proves the rule.

Thanks guys for all your comments!
It looks like this product did not get across the Irish Sea yet, maybe
it sunk halfway. As with anything, you need to try the thing yourself
before really knowing what will happen. Caveat emptor - so the saying
goes.
Any engineer will tell you that water starts to give out oxygen from
60 degrees C onwards, the sort of temp that a boiler runs at. All this
product seems to be addressing is to remove the the amount of oxygen
present in the hot water.
I for one have the problem of air being trapped in my underfloor
heating system and all the resulting sludge has cut off one of my
circuits.
Whether the bloody thing works or not, the principle remains a good
one, or am I being stupid.