David

you could use pore filler to solve your problem.

David

Mike S. wrote:

I've pretty well weened myself off of pine except for some trinket stuff and
have mainly been using red oak. After running it through the planer and
getting it sized. I start with 100, 120, 150 & 220 grit using the PC RAS.
The wood feels pretty smooth but after the finishing is done I can run my
hand across the wood and feel the texture or the grain of the wood. I'm
wanting to build the A&C Library desk that David Marks built and a rough
surface on a desktop would not work. Is there something else I need to do or
should I use white oak?
Thanks, Mike