Leo Lichtman

"Arch" wrote (clip) As the angle-faced ring is rotated on the angle-faced
faceplate, does the angle of a blank fixed to the ring increase from in-line
(axial) to maximum at 90 deg. then back to axial with further rotation?
IOW, does 90 deg. provide all the adjustable eccentricity I can expect?
(clip)
Arch, I believe the angle of the work increases until you reach 180 degrees
of rotation, and then starts decreasing again. The maximum angle will be
twice the angle of your original bevel cut.

If you want to visualize this, imagine that you make the bevel equal 45
degrees. If you rotate the loose piece one half turn, you will get a 90
degree miter.