Leo Van Der Loo

Hello Arch

This might sound harsh but it is not meant to be.
You out of wood ??
To much time on your hand ???
Or just plain bored ????
Sorry I do not really know what wobble washers are, except maybe when
the wash load is not balanced with the spin cycle (G)
But if I see this right, to get more than 90 deg. you could turn the
blank around 180 deg. and.....
I'm stopping with this, it looks to much like a smart aleck reply, which
it isn't.
Whatever Arch, you keep well and get some more off us confused and stir
up some of that gray matter, like to read some more of your posts

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Arch wrote:
I'm wondering about making a simple device for holding blanks with
adjustable and repeatable eccentricity. Consider cutting a 2 in. length
of 4 in. diameter steel or aluminum bar into two halves at an angle like
a large set of wobble washers used in cutting dados. One half to be a
faceplate with an angled face. The other half to hold the blank as a
rotatable faceplate ring.

Armchair machining is confusing, so would some engineer-turner or maybe
somebody who uses wobble washers please explain, so I don't waste time.

As the angle-faced ring is rotated on the angle-faced faceplate, does
the angle of a blank fixed to the ring increase from in-line (axial) to
maximum at 90 deg. then back to axial with further rotation? IOW, does
90 deg. provide all the adjustable eccentricity I can expect? Will this
work? Has some turner already tried and used it? Who? Where? Why?
TIA, Arch

Fortiter,