Lurch

Default henley blocks with seals

On 19 Jan 2004 18:35:24 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:42:03 UTC, PoP wrote:

On 19 Jan 2004 08:56:20 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

There isn't an isolator, but I was under the impression that it would
be reasonably safe to do this live, since you would only be working
with one wire, which would only become live once it inserted into the
henley block?

Whilst I've worked with live wires quite often I think I'd draw the
line at working with a live wire which had an almost limitless current
capacity and no human-friendly protective devices downwind.

Slightly different matter when you've got an RCD on the circuit
protecting your arse.

I agree. I'd want to be more than 'reasonably safe'....!

I'd do it live if I had to, then again, I do it day in day out so
that's not really an issue. If you're asking a questions on NG about
electrics probably best not to do it live!!

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.