Chris Oates

Default A bit O/T ... UK PC vendors ...

"al" wrote in message
Very tenuous DIY link here in that I'm looking to DIY myself a new PC

.....!
I know there's no dearth of opinions in here though about most matters

from
politics to cement ...

I've been looking around recently for a one around about the £2k mark. As

already have a monitor, I just want to buy a box with top end bits in it.
Panrix have always come out good in the past in magazine benchmarks, but I
found their website to be thoroughly crap and the choice very poor. Dell
are starting to look more towards gaming with their top end systems, but
they ruin it by not letting you customise it enough. Also, their prices

for
upgrading RAM are enough to make the average person faint!

£2000 - crikey I'd want a Laptop bunged in as well.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/PCS.html