FrancisJK

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
FrancisJK wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:46:02 +0100, FrancisJK wrote:

snip
I urge you to avoid trying to install the new boiler in the fireplace.
The gas supply will likely need upgrading. The fireplace is likely in a
living room which you don't really want a boiler in. So really the only
pros are the flow and return pipes already there. Finally the fireplace
may be more useful in other ways.

Wasn't going to put boiler in fire place.

Thinking of turning it into an aquarium. "NO, YOU ARE NOT"

At present, fire front is rarely turned on, but there is something

primeval
and comforting about an open fire when the rain is pelting down.

I saw a trendy electric fire as big as a wide screen tv, ?1500. The

security
guard, Russian, was not impressed when I asked him how do I change the
channel on it.

Is there such a thing as a longwave IR transparent projector screen?
Projector recessed into ceiling, pointed at 'fireplace', which has
electric radiant heater behind.
Plus, you can change it for a picture of fish.

Wife impressed with your suggestion.

Francis