Steve

Jason Welch wrote:

Hello electronics experts

I hoped someone could help a novice with this repair. I recently bought
an
organ (70's technology!) but one PCB has been physically damaged. I have
some broken devices on this board (as well as some broken tracks). They
are 17-pin SIP resistor networks (I think) and the question is whether I
would be able to find out whether they are just resistors and if so get a
modern
replacement. I can't look it up anywhere as there's no technical info
around any more as the thing is so damn old! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jason.
--

Jason,

I fear that the SIP's may be more than just resistors. They may be RC
phasing networks (Resistors and capacitors). Dimensions please? Any
numbers, letters, or other identifiers at all? Are they really little
circuit boards with little resistors and caps, and possibly transistors?
Are the pins "linearly regular" in spacing, or irregular? Irregular
suggests something other than resistors -- maybe. Since you have broken
ones, take one apart if big enough, and the coatings can be chipped or
peeled off. I'm hazarding a guess you've got something more than
resistors. Sorry.

Thanks, Steve