Arch

Default A question re eccentricity (re the blank, not the turner)

I'm wondering about making a simple device for holding blanks with
adjustable and repeatable eccentricity. Consider cutting a 2 in. length
of 4 in. diameter steel or aluminum bar into two halves at an angle like
a large set of wobble washers used in cutting dados. One half to be a
faceplate with an angled face. The other half to hold the blank as a
rotatable faceplate ring.

Armchair machining is confusing, so would some engineer-turner or maybe
somebody who uses wobble washers please explain, so I don't waste time.

As the angle-faced ring is rotated on the angle-faced faceplate, does
the angle of a blank fixed to the ring increase from in-line (axial) to
maximum at 90 deg. then back to axial with further rotation? IOW, does
90 deg. provide all the adjustable eccentricity I can expect? Will this
work? Has some turner already tried and used it? Who? Where? Why?
TIA, Arch

Fortiter,