Witchy

Default henley block / fuse seal

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:55:30 -0000, "Sparks" wrote:

I was in the same situation not so long ago...

I rang the elec company, and they sent someone out free of charge to isolate
the supply in the morning, and someone else in the afternoon to reconnect.
(They took the fuse with them, so I couldn't reconnect it myself for some
reason)

The first time I fitted a new CU I rang the f(r)iendly local elec
board and the conversation went like this:

me: I'd like someone to remove the consumer fuse from (house) and
refit next day please
them: why?
me: I'm going to replace the consumer unit and I don't want to do it
'live'
them: are you replacing an old unit?
me: yes
them: oh, in that case we won't come out without a certificate
me: really? How do I get a certificate?
them: you need to replace the CU
me: ?????

In the end I did the disconnection/reconnection live, with rubber
gloves on, one hand behind my back, hair well out of the way and
standing on wooden boards whilst wearing rubber soled boots. Just
looking at the apparatus surrounding the street fuse gave me The Fear,
so I preferred to work with the Henley block (or Lucy block in this
case) instead.

Thanks NEDL., you truly are professionals.

--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs