Dave Liquorice

Default henley blocks with seals

On 19 Jan 2004 08:56:20 -0800, Mark wrote:

There isn't an isolator, but I was under the impression that it
would be reasonably safe to do this live, since you would only be
working with one wire, which would only become live once it inserted
into the henley block?

I guess provided the first thing you do is remove the one tail from
one henley block and then put the cover back on and tape over the
hole. Then do the other it wouldn't be to bad as you don't have a free
end of 25mm cable waving about with 240v on it.

Getting the new tails in might be fun 25mm cable is not the easiest
stuff to work with. I know I was swearing fairly loudly at the last
lot of 16mm I had to deal with and that was ona fully dead system. Not
sure I'd want to do it with this big exposed lump of brass directly
connected to the mains in front of me.

Pull the fuse, the boards don't appear to care anymore. What would you
prefer 6' under or a slapped wrist?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail