dave in fairfax

Anonymous wrote:
I checked in person and on their website today and they simply aren't to
be found there. The store clerk I spoke with was surprised that the face
plate came with the lathe but he pointed out their 800 number for me. I
tried calling them at their 800 number but they were closed.
I also went to 3 Sears stores and a JC Penney to buy a 3-jaw chuck. No joy.
I've got some pieces started that will benefit from a 3-jaw so I may end
up at Woodcraft after all.

To get the faceplates, I call 800-444-3353 M-F 7-4:30 PST
(parts)and using the number off the exploded parts diagram that
came with my lathe, #29 - but probably different on yours, the
serial and model numbers of the lathe, order a faceplate. To
order other parts I use the other numbers from the diagram. The
people in the stores have nothing to do with the process. They
don't have a clue about getting parts or ordering anything that
isn't in the catalog, and frequently not even then. I found a
chuck, idependent, 4-jaw on the website, a couple actually,
although the other jaw design would work easier. The question is
the shape of the wood that you are putting into it. Make sure
that your diameter and thread match if you buy a chuck elsewhere.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work