Edwin Pawlowski

"Alan" wrote in message
Thanks for the link. I was unable to match it up with any of the
pictures. Maybe I should try to take the door apart to see what's in
behind. I am hesitant to go to the expense of getting a Sears
repairperson out here as I am not too sure if the dishwasher is worth
too much. It definitely could use new racks as they are rusted and
several tines broken off. Even if they were in good condition, they
are poorly designed, making it difficult to fit anything in other than
flat plates.

You have little to lose if you can't fix it. A service call is probably
$100. If you were to buy new rack, that would be $200 or so. Given the age,
it is about time for it to die anyway.

If you can fix it cheap, great. If not, I'd think about a new and better
model for little more than the cost of fixing this one.
Ed