LFR

" If you don't mind my asking, what suddenly prompted you to "decide to
replace the wax ring? Was there already a leak of some sort? Generally
these last quit a long time. I'm just completing a bath remodel and

I've
been in the house 28 years, raised 2 daughters, two wives, and a few

beer
drinking buddies and the old wax ring was still as good as the new one I

put
in (probably better!)

Even on my most bored days "deciding to replace the wax ring" falls

pretty
far down the list of "Gee, I think I'll...." things!

Mark

Speaking of wax rings I have a toilet - I suspect - has a leak down below
the wax ring.
The house was built about twenty years ago and that might indicate

something
about the construction of the drain pipe.
I'm about to get bored enough to go after in as it is in a slab and is
staing the linoleum.
Anyone know how much of a job this is and what I am likely to find as the
problem?
the reason I don't suspect the wax ring is that it was put in very

carefully
by a pro and with double wax rings.

I have a similar problem. My house is about 13 years old. I've been in it
just over 3 years and have what appears to be mold stains under the linoleum
in my 1/2 bath downstairs. I couldn't figure out what could be the cause
until I had seen a post here about a faulty wax ring. I suspect that would
be one reason to "decide to replace the wax ring".

Lynn