Gary Coffman

On 21 Aug 2004 11:46:33 -0700, jim rozen wrote:
So the deal is, the insurance companies invest the money and
then give it back when you make a claim. Sounds to me like
a person could do exactly the same thing - invest their money
and then get the ROI on it, and use the principle for any
large hospital bills.

I guess what I'm saying is, if I want health insurance, I
go to an insurance company. If I want to invest, I go to
a broker.

Yes you could put aside money yourself, if you're sure that
your investments will increase soon enough to cover any
hospital bills. With insurance, the company assumes the
risk that you *won't* have invested enough to cover a claim.
Your broker won't do that.

Gary