Joe Agro

Don't know anything about the drill dr. unit, but if there is a way to get
water on that diamond wheel, it should last longer...

Or you could just order your drills in bulk from McMaster, Grainger, etc.

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com
Northern, NJ
Ride a Motorcycle? Ask me about "The Ride"
http://www.youthelate.com/the_ride.htm

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

"Conase" wrote in message
I have used a B&D drill sharpener from like 30 years ago.
Did a good job - thru trial and error - on sharpening drills.
You could mess them up royally if you were not careful.

Is the Drill Doctor any good / better ?
I notice the 500 model is capable of doing both 118 and 135º angles.

I read that the diamond wheel is only good for 500 shaprenings - who's

counting
.

We hear about how durable diamond is.
I would have imagined the Drill Doctor wheel would last far longer than

the
carborundum wheel in my ancient B&D unit from 30 years ago.
500 ( approx.) grinds does not seem like much for a DIAMOND wheel on HSS

drill
bits.

Is there a slight learning curve to using this unit to get the correct

angles ?
I would think YES.

Comments ?

TIA