Asimov

"Jerry G." bravely wrote to "All" (21 Aug 04 05:46:42)
--- on the heady topic of " ViewSonic EA771 Monitor TVI Problem"

JG From: "Jerry G."

JG The term Hertz, comes from the scientist that devised Herzian waves,
JG what is really cycles of waves. The letter "m" is for mega. The small
JG "z" is to identify that the "H" is from Hertz, and not some other
JG abbreviation. Therefore, mHz for "mega-Hertz".

I don't want to pick a nit, Jerry, but the small m is reserved for
milli- and the capital M is reserved for Mega- according to all the
sources I've checked. I understand what you mean though. This is the
kind of units error that led to the loss of the Mars Observer and the
Gimly glider, as you might remember.

A+s+i+m+o+v

.... VHF Ham radio operators do it with two meters!