KD

That's what I figured. Even if I were able to repair the hole, there's
probably a good chance that a crack would result, and I'd have to buy a new
one anyhow.

Thanks,

KD

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
KD wrote:

Greetings all:

Well, we decided to replace the wax ring in the downstairs toilet today.
Only problem was that the bolts were rusted out and we had to use the
hacksaw to get them off. Time consuming, but not a big deal.

So we go upon our merry way, get the bolts off, install the new ring and

put
everything back together again. Looks great - except when you flush,

water
appears on the floor. Upon a closer inspection, we find, of all things,

HOLE in the porcelain! Quite small, can't fit my pinky into it. It's not

far
from the floor, and doesn't leak until you flush and the water goes

down,
it's not right in the bowl.

Is there anything out there that can fix such a thing, plug the hole? Or

do
I need a new toilet?

Thanks,

KD

Bite the bullet on this one and spring for a new toilet.
You don't want a rotted out floor to come back and bite you...

Jim