Art

Panasonic and Sony tend to have problems relating to the DGS Thermistor and
Relay, ocassionally the control circutry to activate the degauss relay. Seen
many of these with the three pin thermistor that just flippin does not work
correctly after a few months service.
"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 05:39:12 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

If you have patchy colours in the picture, this is usually caused by a
failed degassing coil. If the problem occurred after you serviced the

set,
look to see if the degaussing coil became disconnected. It is common that
the degausser-thermo resistor goes bad in some of these sets.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't got around to servicing it yet. TV
watching isn't that vital to me.

The problem happened last week. It was perfect but appeared after I
fell asleep on the sofa.