Terry McCreary

Default Pickup topper (cap) needs new "windows"

Dear goodfolk:

I just bought an El Cheapo brand aluminum topper for my Mazda B3000
pickup. It has two (clear) acrylic side windows that open, and four
of those funny smoke-colored bubble-type plastic "windows" that don't
open; each is about 16x24".

Replacing the acrylic (with polycarbonate!) is no problem, but I'm at
a loss as to where to get replacement bubble windows; I'm not even
sure what to search for. A search for "replacement windows pickup
topper" wasn't terribly useful.

I am thinking of replacing the bubble windows with smoke polycarbonate
sheet. Or even clear sheet. But before I do, does anyone know where
to get replacement windows?

This is the first topper I've had, and I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions. You know, the kind of stuff you don't find out until
you've had the thing for a year or so...

Thanks for your help!
P'rfesser