N. Thornton

Default how to rewire bathroom pull switch to regular light switch

(Nick) wrote in message . com...
I have relocated an existing pull switch to outside its bathroom. Now
I want to change it to a 'normal' switch. However, it has more wires
than terminals in a normal switch.

- Earth (which I assume I wire to the new switches metal box)
- Red to one terminal
- Black to one terminal
- Second red shared to two terminals by way of a link

The switch activates a ceiling light and also a shared extractor fan.

you'll have L N and E arriving to the switch
E N and switched live going to the light
E N L and switched live going to the fan.

All you need is a light switch. Check it out with a multimeter with
the mains power off, and if in any doubt, not competent etc, leave it
all well alone.

Regards, NT