Old Nick

On 21 Aug 2004 13:16:20 GMT, (DarylRos) vaguely
proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

I am about to plunge into the woodworking hobby and I am looking to buy
my first table saw. BRBR

My own suggestion is to buy a bandsaw, as good as you can afford first. A Delta
or Jet 14" is a good start (I have a MiniMAx 16, but it costs a lot more). Soup
it up with the kit from Iturra. To handle crosscuts get a good miter saw.

I went the tablesaw route first, as do most people--from an Artisan CS, to a
Unisaw, and am now waiting on my Felder delivery. I went 10 years without a
bandsaw -- don't repeat my mistake. A bandsaw can do a lot more than a table
saw if properly tuned.

Yep. I bought a bandsaw first, years ago and NEVER regretted it!

Marriage. Where two people decide to get together so
that neither of them can do what they want to because
of the other one.