Jerry G.

If you have patchy colours in the picture, this is usually caused by a
failed degassing coil. If the problem occurred after you serviced the set,
look to see if the degaussing coil became disconnected. It is common that
the degausser-thermo resistor goes bad in some of these sets.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
SONY 27" Trinitron model KV27T530

Images mostly Blue and some Green. Reddish hue in the corners and on
the onscreen Channel number. Color areas do wander around somewhat.
Otherwise image is sharp and clear.

Its a hernia box that I'd rather try to fix myself. I had opened it
before to fix a jittery upper screen that finally turned out to be a
cold solder. Its a single PCB and the wiring is so tightly routed
that there is little room to poke around. That is the PCB has to be
in its mounting or the cable harness won't reach the connector
receptacles. Therefore the TV won't function and impossible to tweak
or measure anything.

I worked as a computer service tech then as an oilfield
instrumentation tech. Ages ago I had several night classes in TV and
VCR repair so I am not entirely clueless. But I have never done TV
repair as a job to do it with minimum poking around.

Will appreciate any advice what to look for and fix.