Dave Liquorice

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:12:44 GMT, Anna Kettle wrote:

Part of the cable would then be outdoors. Not exposed to the
elements cos it would be under the render but not cossetted by any
heating either

I for one would not be expecting to find wiring under exterior render,
I don't think many others would be either. I guess if you stick to the
rules of vertical/horizontal from a visible fitting then a few bells
might be rung in the minds of those about to drill holes. Still a bit
risky IMHO.

Will the cable cope with this or does it like warm temperatures?

I'm not sure how it would like being constantly flexed, all be it tiny
amounts, by the thermally induced movements of the building. If the
cable is free to move in a conduit not so bad but effectively and
rigidly fixed, buried in render?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail