N. Thornton

Mark S. wrote in message . ..

Well a bit misleading in that they are poured concrete not "solid"
like a bunker so my bad there guys, sorry. :-)

The stuff you see on TV where they fasten a load of polystyrene boxes
with wire then fill them with concrete well this is a 1955 version of
that idea minus the polystyrene. So the walls are as thick as the
usual but with no cavity.

The stuff is like a concrete slurry mixed with pebble/ballast type
material set hard.

The exterior walls have a coat of cement render that's thin then they
had another coat of some seriously sandy render with chippings this
was painted poo brown then at some point (long before I bought it) had
another very sandy and thick render with the more usual chippings over
the top.

Yes it was outside, arm down the drain tomorrow to fish the stuff out
of there. :-(

No need for a kango that's for sure, I poked off the bits left on
after the two falls with a stick. lol. Secure it ain't.

Only reason the back wall is so bad is the cowboy guttering next door
runs the wrong way and overflows at my end.

Mark S.

Sounds like a good opportunity to remove it all. Render increases damp
more often than it reduces it, as the net flow of water is from inside
out, not from outside in. Humans produce loads of water vapour every
day, then theres showers etc.

The only time I'd be cautious about removing it is if the concrete
wall is disintegrating, and the render is being questionably used to
hold it together.

I would think it is there for decoration only.

Regards, NT