Sapient Fridge

In message , Hugo Nebula
writes
If it is unheated, and you're not making the existing external walls
or doors between the heated part of our house and this extension any
worse (or if you're installing any doors, that they are external
quality and draught-stripped), then there is no limitation on the heat
loss through the extension; as per Approved Document L1, Sections 1.59
to 1.61.

The problem is that 1.58 says:

1.58 For the purposes of the guidance in Part L, a conservatory has

not
less than three-quarters of the area of its roof and not less than one

half
of the area of its external walls made of translucent material.

It's that second bit that is causing the problem, if I have less than
half glass then it no longer counts as a conservatory.
--
ICQ #17887309 * Save the net *
Grok: