Rudy

If the 30% savings
is not realized, the installer will give me a check to pay for twice the
difference between what I paid for energy and would have paid if the 30%
savings had been realized. Also, they will make whatever changes are
necessary to ensure that the 30% savings is achieved at no cost to me.

The electric utility in Tucson AZ has a similar program for new homes. They
look at the plans and will quote a "Guaranteed rate" for annual heating and
cooling if electricity is used (VS gas furnace). They guaranteed me less
than $ 1.58/day for a 2740 sf house...that ran ~ $ 660.00 on an annual
basis. It was guaranteed for 5 years also. Sure enough, it never went over
what they'd said. (If it had, they'd pay the diference) In fact, of the
hundreds of homes in the plan, none ever went "over" (they had a sufficient
"fudge factor" built in to the program). It helped that for the 5 years,
their rates were frozen and just being on that plan got an automatic 20%
discount on the reg rates. We had 2 -12.5 SEER Carrier A/C units in that
place. We've just had a new place built and this is a single14 SEER unit
but not in AZ. Electric bill here for the last 3 months was only $ 70.00
but use gas now for the H/W.