Layne

Always go with the cheapest alternative when diagnosing a problem.
Changing the blade might be it, though I doubt it but it wouldn't
hurt. By "slightest load" do you mean resawing or cutting 3/4" stock?
Resawing puts quite a load on the motor.

My humble guess is that it's the motor not the house wiring. Check the
wiring on the motor. If it looks okay take the motor off and take it
to a electric motor repair person to get it diagnosed.

Layne

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:36:22 GMT, Douglas Johnson
wrote:

I have a Jet 18" bandsaw with a 1 1/2 hp motor. The motor is wired for 220v.
It starts and runs, but placing even the slightest load on it slows it down
dramatically, then blows the breaker. This is a brand new behavior. When I
turn the blade by hand, it moves smoothly and easily. I'm going to try another
blade in case this one is dull, but haven't yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug