Doug Miller

In article 31, Secret Squirrel wrote:

Thats correct, and since the administration has labeled these people
enemy combatants, they are by definition prisoners of war.

That is not correct.

The Geneva Convention allows spies and saboteurs to be shot on sight.

Also correct, however once taken into custody they become prisoners of
war and enntitled to certain treatments which are still being withheld by
this administration.

That is also not correct. Certain specific conditions must be met in order for
a prisoner to be subject to the Geneva Conventions; these include serving in a
regular army or organized militia, and wearing the uniform or insignia
thereof. The terrorists whom we captured do not meet these conditions, and
they are not protected by the G.C.

--
Regards,