Frank Erskine

In article , Shabs
writes
I am currently in the process of building 2 small sheds in the garden.
I would like these to have an electric supply, 1 with a switch for a
lightbulb, and the other for both a lightbulb switch and an electrical
socket.

How would i go about getting a supply to these sheds from the house
permanently and not having to use an extension lead?

If it's of any interest the way I feed my single shed is as follows.

From the CU near the front of the house I internally ran a 2.5mm T+E
from a 16A MCB to a porch at the back where I fitted a metal-clad switch
(just because I had it - it really only acts as a junction box, but I
suppose it would act as an isolator in an emergency). From there I have
an SWA feed directly buried under a crazy-paving path to the shed a few
feet away, where I have a a 2-way switch-fuse (a micro consumer-unit!)
with 5 and 15A fuses. The 5A feeds a 65W fluourescent luminaire and an
outside 60W globe-type fitting via an outside switch. The 15A feeds a
twin 13A socket and an external single splashproof socket (for
lawnmower/strimmer/shredder) for which I have an RCD but have yet to get
a round tuit to fit it.

The twin 13A socket is used variously for a metal lathe, an arc welder,
an angle grinder, a pond pump & so on (but not all at the same time!).

Oh - the 5A circuit also feeds a 25V transformer for an 8W (or so) home-
molished lamp to illuminate the step-up from the path to the grassy bit.

--
Frank Erskine