Dave T.

"Michael A. Covington" wrote in message
I'd suggest filling it in with the automotive stuff. The refractive index
of the stuff has to be much closer to that of glass (1.5) than to that of
air (1.0).

How *deep* is the chip? Is this the front of the picture tube itself or

is
there protective glass in front of it? A picture tube can burst rather
violently when broken, because of the vacuum inside.

It's not terribly deep and I think the chip is confined to the protective
glass, but I'm not sure how you would be able to tell if it was the tube
that was chipped. If the tube decided to self-destruct, would I have to
worry about flying glass?