A.Gent

"Harry Conover" wrote in message
om...
I recently purchased a used 4-jaw chuck for my Atlas 12" lathe.

The problem is that none of my chuck keys will fit it. The 3/8 is too
large, and the 5/16 marginally too small, so unless it's some *******
metric dimension, an 11/32" inch square chuck key would be perfect.
The problem is that I can't find any on eBay or even in the tool
catalogs.

The question is: "Does anyone know where a can purchase a 11/32"
square chuck key for a lathe 4-jaw chuck?

Thanks in advance.

Harry C.

Hi Harry.
Other posters have suggested serviceable solutions to your problem,
(grinding), but I just have to giggle a little at your characterisation of
metric dimensions as "*******s", when you seem quite happy to work in
illegitimate fractions like 11/32"!

Just as well it wasn't 21/64", or 43/128", huh?

(Sorry for kicking this dead horse) ;-)

--
Jeff R.