Lee

Default Range Hood Replacement/Upgrade Question

I currently have a range hood (Broan, 30" 180 CFM 3-1/4" x 10"rear duct
outlet) that came with the house. The existing duct vents outside with the
following configuration: the 3-1/4" x 10" rear duct has one 90 degree bend
where it drops down an interior wall (approximately 6 feet)to the basement.
There is a 2nd 90 degree bend converting to to a 7" round duct which goes 5
additional feet (along the basement ceiling) straight to the outside.

I would like to replace this hood with a Zephyr Typhoon hood with CFM
rating of 250-850. I am seeking advice if this is appropriate with the
existing ductwork. Can a hood be too powerful for the ductwork?

Thanks for any advice.

Lee