Bob Jones

Your question piqued my curiosity so I trekked out to the shop to check my
Vega 52" fence (which I have owned and loved for several years now) mounted
on a Grizzly cabinet saw (1023). Looks like there would be no reason you
couldn't mount the fence in the "left hand" orientation you desire.
Everything is symmetrical. The only thing is that the tape measure which
adheres to the front fence bar would either be backward or upside down to
the operator. Don't know if any of those aftermarket reverse tape measures
would work. My guess is that they would.

HTH

Bob

"Mac" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Hello everyone,
I've been googling for my answer but haven't found any info so I thought I
would ask the experts.
I am looking for a left-handed table saw. What I mean by this is that I
would like the ripping capacity to be to the left of the blade. About 5
years ago I built a table saw center that I found in Wood Magazine, it's
basically a 4x8 surface with a benchtop saw dropped in the middle. Over
time I fabricated extra fences, etc and have spoiled myself with a good

48"
left ripping capacity. Trouble is, even the highest quality benchtop saw
isn't good enough for my needs now.
The closest I have come is on the new Craftsman (yes I know) professional
series, 22114, which has 24" left capacity. But upon further inspection I
noticed the severe fence deflection with even the slightest push.
I'm looking at a Jet and a Grizzly but fear I will have to retrain myself

be right handed. As it stands, I do "some" ripping right handed but I'm
much more comfortable (and accurate) with the fence to the left of the
blade.
Would it be difficult, or even possible, to adapt the Grizzly G0444z in

this
way, re-mounting the fence rails to the left? If not, any other quality
saws have this ability?
Thanks very much for your thoughts,
-Mac