Don Foreman

Oh my yes! I've dropped plenty of rabbits at up to 50 yards.
Rabbit jumps straight up surprised, comes down dead.

The best buy in a good air rifle when I was shopping was the RWS
Diana model 34. I'd go (went) lower velocity, higher caliber, as 800
fps .,22 cal in preferece to .177. For pellets, use the Beeman
Crow-Magnums. They are a blunt-nose pellet that mushrooms a lot
rather than just drilling holes, and they don't go as far if you miss.

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:16:22 GMT, "Stephen" wrote:

My wife likes to feed the birds but she is getting tired of feeding
squirrels and pigeons. I am thinking of getting a pellet gun and I am
wondering about how effective it is at shooting varmints like squirrels and
pigeons. I have looked at a "gamo shadow 1000" pellet gun. The pellet
velocity is about 1000 fps with about 15 ft lbs of energy. The range would
be less than 10 yards.

Would this pellet gun be an effective way to kill pigeons and squirrels?

Thanks
Scp